Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Big relief to Conor Mc Gregor..!Sexual assault charges dropped

Former UFC champion Conor McGregor will not face charges over allegations of sexual assault at a basketball match in Florida.

With input from The Independent

Prosecutors and the Irish fighter’s lawyer said the case has been dropped from assault allegation.

Mr McGregor, denied the claims from a woman that he assaulted her in a toilet at the Kaseya Centre in Miami in June.

The fighter had been at the NBA Finals game between the Miami Heat and Denver Nuggets to take part in a promotional stunt in which a mascot was injured.

In a statement carried by multiple media outlets, his lawyer Barbara Llanes said: “After a thorough investigation, including a review of videos and interviews with eyewitnesses, the authorities have concluded that there is no case to pursue against my client, Conor McGregor.

“On behalf of my client, his family and his fans we are pleased this is now over.”

The decision to drop charges was confirmed by the state attorney’s office.

Related Articles

Latest Articles